Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Hurricane....

This is a picture of the hurricane, that is headed towards the Big Island. So far we are safe, we are the top island that you see in the picture. But don't worry there are lots of safe places to go to. On just happens the be the middle school that is right across the street from our house. We have supplies for 72hrs. So we will be fine if it does hit us! I think it is kinda exciting the only other hurricane I have been in was the hurricane that hit florida 2 years ago Hurricane Katrina. Nic and I were on a cruise, and got stuck out in the ocean until it was safe for the boat to dock! Oh what fun memories!! I guess the good thing about this hurricane, is for the surfers, man you are going to be in heaven with those 13 foot waves coming by the end of the week! Too bad I am afraid of those big waves!

6 comments:

nicole said...

Heidi, you have such an adventurous spirit! I'd be scared to death! Man, I had almost forgotten about that with your cruise. If you had gone when we did, you'd have had clear, sunny skies, and calm seas the entire week!

~~Heidi~~ said...

I know we should have gone with you guys, we totally regretted it!!

michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
michelle said...

sorry i hit the wrong button, and i had a helper. Any way . There is never a dull moment in your life is there, always alittle spice. I know you will be fine but i think since you live like a million miles away from all of us it is scary. I know you have the midddle school to but you could live in a cement wall and we would still worry. Mother nature has her own mind, if you are able to venture out you will have to get a picture of those 30 ft waves. (not on them) keep us posted we love you all

Kat and Steve said...

I was thinking about you guys when I saw that on the news. It's probably over by now, wasn't it supposed to hit last night? Anyway, hope all is well...we've been thinking about you. And if it's safe, take some cool pictures!

tiffy girl said...

Okay don't say anything to Noah he is totally freaked out by hurricaines, and if he finds out this one is headed toward hawaii we will be dealing with a scared little boy who won't want to come on the trip. I am so glad to hear you have your 72 hour kit on hand, that is good. I am hoping all you will see is alot of rain and some wind. We love you guys, be careful!