Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The Perfect Person to follow...

President Gordon B. Hinckley, What an amazing man. He accomplished so much while serving as the President of our Church. I am so thankful for all of his counsel, words, and guidance he gave to us. He was put in as president when I was 13 years old. I have seen many miracles come to pass because of this great man's work. The many temples which he has announced to build, then many visits across this world to see all the many saints of this church. I am so thankful how humble and listening he is to the spirit. Which helped to guild and direct us in the right path, only to come closer to our Heavenly Father. He always had such a fun sense of humor which was so nice to always have a good laugh before getting into the deep things he had to say to us. He opened the gates to this church by doing many interviews with well known  reporters. He loved his wife dearly, and was so heartbroken when she passed away. He got involved with many of the things happening in our state. And you could tell he always felt just like a little kid. As I mentioned before visited all the saints he could even if it was all the way on the other side of the would. I thank thee of God for a Prophet, to guild us in these later days. I thank thee for every blessing bestowed by thy bounteous hand... I am so thankful to my Heavenly Father for this gospel and how it teaches us to better people. I am thankful for a living prophet that does guide us.  We will miss dear Gordon B. Hinkckley, but I can only imagine the entrance he got into Heaven, I am sure everyone was there to greet and Hug our dear sweet Prophet, even his Dear sweet Margery. Thank you for all you have taught us we will for ever treasure your words, and spirit.

5 comments:

tiffy girl said...

What a life he has lived. I am sure that he and Margery had a great reunion. I know that he is thrilled to be by her side again. He has accomplished so many great things in his 97 years here. What a great man he is! I do wonder how he feels now that his life's great mission is through.

~Jason and Heidi~ said...

Nice tribute Heids. He was an amazing man and Prophet. But, I can imagine him sighing as he died. Not only did he work so hard and now can rest somewhat and he is with his sweetheart. Such a Great man! He has left us such a wonderful Legacy. Thanks Heidi!

Grandma Karen said...

Thanks for the post Heidi. I haven't felt like crying until I read it. He will be greatly missed. I know our Heavenly Father is so glad to have him home. It is obvious that the Lord was with him in his death as he did not suffer and went so quickly. We have been so blessed to have known him.

michelle said...

Oh I was heart broken when we got home sunday and cod said guess who died? He will be greatly missed . And he is defiently a man who impressed and will always be remembered. I loved his attitude on life, so easy going ect. But imagine what a beautiful reuion that him and his wife had. She was probably beside herself waiting for him. And what a great way to go in the arms of family.

nicole said...

That was a very beautiful tribute, Heidi. And I love all the pictures you chose to represent his life and portray his personality.
He will surely be missed!