Saturday, October 31, 2009

YOU ARE AMAZING TO ME!!!

(this is not a race pic, but at least it show how awesome he is!)**as a side note this is the beach that Nic and I first meet each other!** So we both did the Old Koloa Sugar Mill run. I only did the 5k, which was fun, but hard with pushing our double stroller on a very rocky road but I have to say I did pretty good for my own self. Which is what I was wanting.... But my husband, the amazing runner, ran the 10 miler (11.5miles) I say that because when the race started they guy at the turn around spot was not there so my poor husband ran a mile extra then everyone else.... BUT STILL CAME IN FIRST PLACE!!!! Amazing..... Our friend Brady was close by the turn around spot when Nic was on his way back... Then when I saw Brady at the finish line, he told me that Nic had ran an extra mile, because the guys was not at the turn around spot. My heart sunk for him, because I know how hard he was wanting first place. Well low and behold, all the sudden I see a guy running for the 10miler, and right behind him was My handsome hubby.... You could tell he was dead, but we all started yelling for him, to push push push... easier to say then to really do, well he picked it up, passed the guy and came in at #1. AMAZING HONEY!!! I could never do what you did, I think I would just stop and start crying! Good job to all the runners today!

7 comments:

Grammi said...

That is a BIG wow, Nic!
Hey Heidi, you too!

tiffy girl said...

GOOD JOB HEIDI! and NIC! you both did well, great job Heidi pushing both kids, I know it isn't easy running and pushing around 90lbs. But you did it, I am proud of you. Nic, sorry you had to run extra, but WAY 2 GO, and win it anyway. Happy Halloween!

Rani Leilani said...

SO Awesome!
You all look great :0)

Diana and Scott said...

Way to go, Nic! You ARE amazing :). And Heidi too. I know how hard it is to run and push a stroller. I've done it several times and each time swore that I would never do it again. You guys are awesome.

My half marathon is next saturday. I'm really excited for it. Although, I know I can't get anywhere close to a 6 minute mile. Nic, you are an animal.

Can't wait to see you guys.

Brady said...

I have to say it felt really good to see Nic breeze by that guy at the end. That same guys beat me two years ago at that same race. The best part was how shocked he was when Nic toasted him at the end.

Sonja said...

That is really amazing. Wow! Way to go Nic!

Brady and Karen said...

Way to go, Nic and Heidi.

Nic, that was unreal.

I want to see Heidi race without a jogger! She did great!