Sunday, November 16, 2008

Grandma Karen is here to visit...

So Ty has been so excited to go and pick grandma up from her airplane. And to give her her "Hawaiian" as Ty calls it. Sorry I didn't get more pictures, I am sure there will be more to come throughout the few weeks she is here. This picture says it all, as soon as Ty saw grandma he ran right over to her, and first put on her Lei, and then gave her the biggest hug ever. I have never seen his face glow with so much, he didn't let go of her hand the whole time we waited for the bags to come from the plane. And that night, oh boy... he was bouncing off the walls with joy. All we heard was come on grandma, come see this... poor grandma was pulled around our house. We are so excited to have my mom here to help out, I am sure she will go back home very very tired. We love you grandma, and we hope you hang in there without grandma grandpa! We love you too, and thanks for letting her come!

6 comments:

~Jason and Heidi~ said...

We glad you arrived safely Grandma. I want you to know that Ashlyne was almost in tears knowing it would be a few weeks before she would see you again. But, we are so glad that she is there for you Heids. We love you guys! Keep us updated. Soak up lots of sun and enjoy the waves!

Kat and Steve said...

How nice of her to come and help. Now the little baby princess just needs to make an appearance!

~~Heidi~~ said...

I wish all of you could of seen his face! It was priceless! He had all kinds of people smiling around me. (Look at the guy behind the desk) there were 2 Hawaiian girls standing on both sides of the doors with lei's hanging from both arms and they both said "Ohhhhhhh how sweet". Yip, that's my Ty boy. Surprise surprise he made me cry. It was so good to see him and Heidi and Nic. It has been absolutely wonderful spending some time with the Clark's and playing with my little shadow.
It has rained buckets since I arrived. Dumping an inch of rain in 5 minutes. So the only waves I have really seen are the ones running down the driveway. Even though it is raining, all the windows are open and the breeze is just flowing through the house. I saw some huge thunder heads coming into the island, they were higher than the plain. They were amazing! All of these beautiful tropical flowers are making me a little crazy though. I want to just take a pair of scissors (remember our first trip to Oregon Paul)?and make some arrangements! Last night the kids took me to the Marriott Hotel to show me Nic's job. It is an amazing location and all the beautiful flowers and arrangements, so so beautiful. And can you believe it I forgot my camera!! At home you pay lots of money for everything that surrounds me, in its natural wild environment everywhere I look. It truely is paradise! Won't the Millenium (sp? be wonderful, just one perpetual garden) hey, kind of like it is here! Where else can you go to church in shorts with no shoes or socks!
I hear sunday dinner was a success. Thanks to all of you for pitching in to help grandpa. He seems to be hanging in there pretty good.
Heidi is doing good, patiently waiting...we are anxious to hear what the doc. has to say tomorrow morning.
Love you all and hey don't be stingy...send some sunshine this way!!
Love, grandma karen.

~~Heidi~~ said...

Sorry guys the big long comment is grandma karen not heidi.

michelle said...

Oh I am sitting here with tears rolling down my face! I love that picture. I wish I was there, but I am glad that mom got to come spend some time with just Ty before the lil princess gets here. I will be waiting for that call tommorrow. I lov you all miss ya I liked the comment mom. You take that camera on you like it is your license. I want photos dang it when you get home!

tiffy girl said...

That is so sweet. He is going to LOVE having you there to play with. I am glad you arrived safely and are enjoying the rain;) Maybe you could make a little arrangement once baby girl gets here. Have fun, and keep us posted! Love and miss you xox